Having an RV is usually all about having fun with it. However, it is a vehicle that may have work benefits in some cases. Like any other vehicle you drive, it is possible to use the same vehicle for both personal and business use. However, there are limitations on how your RV insurance will cover your losses. Having the right policy in place can ensure that you avoid potential complications should an accident occur while you are using your RV for work-related needs.

Is it a Work Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle?

If the RV is used primarily for business purposes, a commercial auto insurance policy can be helpful. This will cover the higher risks commercially used vehicles face. For example, if you are involved in an accident, the other driver could sue your business, not just you, potentially putting your business assets on the line. A commercial auto insurance policy can be designed to be specific to your exact vehicle needs.

If you are using the vehicle mostly for personal use, using it once or twice for a commercial project isn’t usually a problem. Your business insurance, in this case, is likely to provide enough coverage for a small situation. Additionally, if your RV is being used mostly for personal needs, you most likely don’t want to have a commercial policy that links it to your business.

What’s the Right Coverage for You?

RV insurance needs to deliver specific coverage to your vehicle. If modified or customized for a business in any way, it simply should have a commercial auto insurance policy on it. But if you use it, for example, to pick up a package for your business, that’s not necessarily going to require a higher end possible. No matter what type of coverage you have, work with your insurer to make sure it covers the value of the vehicle, the risks it faces from the way you use it, and the contents on board. A customized policy can help to minimize many of the risks you have while increasing your ability to safeguard both your personal assets and your business assets. Your insurer can help you select the right coverage for your recreational vehicle.

Hit the road with safety in mind. Call Turrentine Insurance Agency at (281) 476-0557 for more information on Pasadena RV insurance.

Posted 11:51 AM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015

View Mobile Version

Newsletter Carriers Refer Quote

Our Carriers Our Company Services Contact Us More Help

Safeco First
Who We Are
Customer Service
Get A Quote
Insurance Types
Send A Message
Frequently Asked Questions
GET SOCIAL WITH US Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+
Turrentine Insurance Agency
4003 Center St
Deer Park, TX 77536
Phone: 281.476.0557
Fax: 281.479.7705
Powered by Insurance Website Builder