Because everyone's needs are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you.
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
About Turrentine Insurance Agency
Our agency is well experienced in providing you with professional service on your insurance needs.
Our customers stay with us for their insurance needs due to our experience in providing honest and reliable service. We emphasize building long-term relationships with our customers, ensuring that you remain satisfied with our agency. You can rest assured knowing that if you have questions or concerns regarding your insurance coverages or services we are here for you. Our experience and fully licensed personnel will be available to take care of all your needs.
As an independent agency, we are able to do the shopping for you. We have access to over 30 carriers to find you the best policy at the best rate. In addition, we have carriers that provide multiple discounts such as multi-car, homeowners, marriage, exceptional student, monitored alarm, roofing discount and many others. The homeowner’s insurance coverage we offer protects your home from loss situations such as Windstorm and Hail, Fire, Theft, Vandalism, Malicious Mischief and Water Damage. We are also able to provide insurance for your autos, boats, RV’s, ATV’s, classic cars and any other play toys you may have.
Efficiency for You
Our agency prides itself on the fast reliable service that we provide. Our company is able to provide you a quick firm quote with same day service. When you contact us for your insurance needs you will receive a fast and accurate quote that will help you make the best decision….remember, we do the shopping for you as an Independent Agency.
For more information about Houston home insurance, give Turrentine Insurance Agency a call at 281-476-0557 today!